Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I love...

First of all, I need to ask you if you think God has a funny sense of humor....? After the day I had, I certainly think so!! Remember how yesterday I said I loved living close to stuff? Yeah, about that...so today was even warmer than yesterday! We're talking like 50+*!!! It's really blustery and windy but NICE. I sent out messages and called a bunch of friends to see if anyone wanted to pack up their kids and join us outside! The boys and I met a friend at her new house and we walked by the lake. Mo got some wet feet! But it was super nice and I enjoy catching up w/her soo much...anyway, as we were leaving we got a call from Tracy that she'd like to meet us at a park by our house. The boys and I already had boots in the van so after a quick stop for some dry socks we buzzed over to the park. So in the fuss of getting boots on, putting snacks in my bag, making sure I secured the new cell phone, etc, I unknowingly locked the keys in the van. We climbed over a shrinking glacier and settled in at the park. After about 10 mins, Moses fell in the snow and needed his mittens. I went back to the van and discovered it locked, couldn't find my keys...I think most of you can fill in the blanks here. My keys were on the front seat. D'oh! Anyway - Tracy's hubby was planning to join them for lunch so she said he might be coming soon...but in the meantime she offered me her bike to go home and get an extra key. I figured I'd better do that right away!! So...I did and then her hubby met me at my house to bring me back. So nice of them!! Not only that, but when I got back, Tracy had given Moses the sandwich she had made for her hubby! I felt pretty bad that he got the raw end of the deal - using his lunch hour to rescue me and then losing his sandwich! Which leads me to what I love...
10) Friends who treat me and mine as their own. Dave and I really believe that our friends at church are 'brothers and sisters' in Christ - I know I've talked about this before! We try to treat them as such and the example I just gave shows how they do the same for us.
Well, on another note...I can't believe that it's not even 6 weeks into 2009 and I've logged some miles on the bike blog!!! YIPPEE! Off to a good start...hope you all got outside to enjoy the sun today! Nature's best medicine, right?? Overall today was a good day w/a little drama thrown in! Now the house is quiet and I should go hang some wash. I really wanted to hang it outside, but I'm not sure I can find the lines...guess that will have to wait a month or so!

No comments: