Friday, February 13, 2009

I love...

11) Watching for hawks. I remember when I was little my dad always pointed out the hawks when we were driving on the highway. He has such good eyes! Now I'm the one who finds them pretty quickly...I don't know why I like that so much...I also love seeing them fly. No matter what kind of day I am having, seeing a hawk always makes it better! Twice in my life I have seen bald eagles up close and I'm not talking about the zoo...Once when Dave and I were setting up the tent outside of Oshkosh. This eagle was swooping around the edge of the lake our site was on...it was so close! The other time we were in the boat in Waupaca and we slowed down and took a bunch of pics, which didn't turn out too well, but that thing didn't really even move! Oh, man, as I'm typing this I am remembering seeing a bunch of herons and stuff too...and then there was the time that Dave took me to the western part of the state for my birthday - October - we were camping and watching cranes come in. If you like birds like I do, you would love this!! I couldn't not believe how many there were. They taught us to watch them come down for a landing (they sort of wiggle down!), they taught us to count them, they had us get under these camo blankies and hid in the brush...it was so cool! The really crazy thing was that it was negative degrees out and we were camping!! I went to bed that night wearing EVERY SINGLE ITEM of clothing I had brought! I had at least 4 sweaters on and I ate chili for breakfast! LOL!!! Ok, so I guess I'm a little obsessed w/birds...but the one I see most often is hawks...

No comments: