Monday, June 29, 2009

First day of school -- take 2!

It went fabulously!!!  We took the obligatory pictures in front of the apple tree...

We packed a Brewers' backpack with TaTa (the teddy who got his name from the book Ira Sleeps Over), his plastic cell phone, and a paper kiss.  This time we figured it would go better than last b/c the summer play school is in the same building in which Dave teaches.  Moses has been seeing the teachers all year long!  He was really interested in all the new toys right away =)  In fact, he got right down to business...
...vacuuming and talking on the cordless phone!  This cracked me up b/c I never vacuum and as a teacher, I could hear myself thinking that this kid's mom must spend all day on the phone!  Which I don't, by the way, but it just goes to show that kids model things for no apparent reason.  Mo promptly told me that it was Al (guy from our church who used to lead worship) and I should talk to him.  I talked to Al for a bit and I left.  When I returned, he was holding his paper kiss.  I flung my arms around him and we prayed and talked.  He was ready to leave, which didn't seem like a good sign...but the teacher said he didn't cry.  She said he almost did and she was getting a little worried, but he didn't.  She told me that when the kids needed to get paint on their hands to make prints for a project, it was funny b/c the two boys didn't want to get dirty!  LOL - picky kid.  Just like me...Mo only goes to the program 2 days a week, but by the end of the week he was asking to go every day!  Such an improvement since last fall...here's hoping this fall will be just as successful!

No comments: