Thursday, June 11, 2009

Read all about it!!

Oh so many updates to write about!  First we got our new computer - long story - but we have crossed over to the dark side...there is now more than one piece of technology in this house w/a fruit logo!  The chicks hatched and went back to the farm...more on that later!  But today I want to talk about the garden boxes.....Here is my plan....There are 6 boxes, one long row of 4 and a short row of 2.  I can't seem to figure out how to import a spread sheet right now, but I'm really anxious to share my plan so maybe there will be an updated post about this again soon.

Eggplant - 2 Eggplant - 2 Eggplant - 2 Eggplant - 2 
Spinach - 9 Spinach - 9 Spinach - 9* Lettuce - 4* 
Spinach - 9 Spinach - 9 Spinach - 9* Lettuce - 4* 
Spinach - 9 Spinach - 9 Spinach - 9* Lettuce - 4*

Quinoa - 8 Quinoa - 8 Quinoa - 8 Quinoa - 8 
Basil - 2 Broccoli - 2 Broccoli - 2 Basil - 2 
Basil - 2 Broccoli - 2 Broccoli - 2 Basil - 2 
Basil - 2* Basil - 2* Basil - 2* Basil - 2*

squash - 2 squash - 2  
Lettuce - 4 Mint - 1 Mint - 1 onion plant 
Lettuce - 4 Mint - 1 Mint - 1 onion plant 
Lettuce - 4 Mint - 1 Mint - 1 onion plant

Butternut Squash - 2 Butternut Squash - 2 Butternut Squash - 2 Butternut Squash - 2 
Pepper plant Pepper plant Pepper plant Basil - 2 
Pepper plant Pepper plant Pepper plant Basil - 2 
Basil - 2 Basil - 2 Basil - 2 Basil - 2

cucumber plant cucumber plant cilantro cilantro 
cilantro - 2* cilantro - 2* cilantro - 2 cilantro - 2 
peas - 8* peas - 8* peas - 8 peas - 8 
peas - 8* peas - 8* peas - 8 peas - 8

watermelon - 2 watermelon - 2  
Quinoa - 8 Quinoa - 8 Quinoa - 8 Quinoa - 8 
chives plant peas - 8 peas - 8 peas - 8 
Gladiolas

Like I said, it may not make a lot of sense. The boxes are 4 feet by 4 feet. I will try to get some pics up soon! I can't believe that some things are sprouting already! I know it's early but I need to start researching how to harvest quinoa - something totally different I'm trying! Oh I swear I could sit here and write for hours but I don't think anyone would have any dishes to eat on tomorrow! I hope all your gardens and projects are going well....

No comments: