Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's a wonderful life that gets more beautiful every day!

November 14
Today was an AMAZING DAY!!  I almost can't believe it after our week of mega-sickness.  Don't get me wrong, it seems everyone has round 2 of colds and noses are running and shooting boogers everywhere, but today was still awesome.  At church we enjoyed the music and the girls colored quietly during the sermon.  After church we met my mom to pick up Moses from a sleepover.  I am so thankful my parents live close and can do that!  Then we all had hot ham for lunch - second week in a row!  Tasty.  After lunch we went to the children's museum here in town.  The kids all got to run around and go down slides!  We came home to an improvement in the weather so we let the chickens out and spent some time outside - sunny, 50+ degrees and little wind!  Dave worked on the tree fort, I raked, Mo helped carry boards, the girls rode bikes...then a friend came over and we went for a quick walk.  I am so thankful for friends who like to walk and talk!!  I really needed to get out of the house and have a few minutes of momma time today.  We did a quick errand and had chicken and bean quesadillas.  Dewey ate lots of chicken and some tortilla while the kids and I shared a quesadilla or 2.  The best part of the meal is that it was cheap.  We laughed a lot during dinner =)  Silly stuff but we were all laughing!  Now it is past 7 and all the kids are in bed and I am feeling like this day was long, but in a good way.  I needed a day like this. I am grateful for it!  And now I'm watching Simpsons w/my hubby, who laughs so hard!  I love it!  

No comments: