Friday, November 25, 2011

Naturally

November 25
I am thankful for God's creation.  Yesterday we spent a good hour outside exploring my Uncle's property.  We find lots of black mud, animal trails in the woods, mossy rocks and trees, piles of decomposing materials, places where the deer lay down and a turkey feather.  There were brown things, black things, green things and gray things.  We climbed, slid and walked.  We splashed mud on our boots and laughed about how we sank into the Earth.  We felt the cold wind and the warm sun on our cheeks.  I don't get to spend a huge amount of time outside these days (I always wish is it was more!) but if I lived in a place like that, I think my life would be a little different.  I am so grateful we can go visit people who live in the north woods, on a huge property, or on a lake.  We can visit people who live in the city and the country.  We can visit people who live near a Gulf, an Ocean, a desert and a volcano.  Of course I wish we could do it more often!!  Anyone want to fund our future outdoor adventures?!  =)

No comments: