Friday, November 4, 2011

Full of it

November 4
I am thankful for date nights and reliable, consistent babysitters.  It means so much to be able to out of the house w/my husband, no matter what we do!  Sometimes we just sip coffee and work on crossword puzzles, sometimes we stroll through a store, and sometimes we eat.  I am also thankful for SUN and laundry lines!  Have I mentioned them in my thankfulness posts yet?  =)  Today is a good day to hang wash.  I am thankful for the bond between my kids.  This morning they were both in one bed, snuggling and giggling.  When I tried to tell them to come in by us, they didn't want to!  They were having too much fun on their own.  It's not every day that they play harmoniously, so I need to remember that.  Last night I was also reminded how thankful I am that my kids are good eaters.  Moses is not a teenager yet, but he eats like one!!  Should I be worried?  He doesn't seem to care that I only offer fruits, veggies and decent sources of protein as snacks, he'll take one of each.  Dinner was soup and I was being adventurous (again - 2 nights in a row!  I'm becoming a regular chef!) and no one really complained.  I heard, "What is that thing?"  Garbanzo bean.  "What is this green stuff?"  Kale.  But they ate it.  The sausage was a little spicy for them so they ate one and then just polished off the beans, kale, and potatoes.  I was very proud of them.  The night before it was veggie sushi rolls.  The seaweed paper was a bit difficult to chew/bite through, even for me, but I think we'll do it again.  It's a great way to let everyone build their own and gets lots of veggies in our meal.  I'm thankful they are all willing to go along w/my adventures!

No comments: