Thursday, November 3, 2011

Yours, mine, ours

November 3
Today I am thankful for adoption.  It's national adoption month and I just have been thinking and praying about adoption lately.  A lot of friends and family have been involved in adoptions one way or the other.  Most of you know me in real life and you know I'm more than happy to talk your ear off about it =)  Other things I am thankful for today - a family who is willing to try new foods, progress made by my girl when it comes to eating and drinking (she still has the McKey button, still getting tube fed, but there's progress!), slippers, and day light savings time switches.  I am also thankful for laughter.  Yesterday morning I was asking Moses about his ear, if he was having trouble hearing since he kept saying, "What?"  I was grumbling about how he couldn't hear well and wasn't listening.  The alarm went off and the weatherman said, "Brad the umbrella...it's a wet one out there!"  I wondered out loud why he would name his umbrella after his co-anchor on the news show...???  Or why he would call poor Brad an umbrella!  I just didn't get it!  Moses started laughing at what I said, especially b/c we had skyped w/my friend Brad just the day before.  "BRAD THE UMBRELLA!!!!"  He thought it was the funniest thing!  "Mom, he didn't say BRAD, he said GRAB!"  Oh.  Yeah, pot calling the kettle black.  Or Brad.  Needless to say we laughed pretty hard for a while and it was a great way to start the day =D!

No comments: