Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 so far...

2014 started w/me crawling into bed just as the clock struck midnight and the neighbors were yelling and stuff outside...
...then I was awoken by my sweet boy (as I am every day) at 6am.  A few snuggles and he was off to read.  My sweet girl came in somewhere around 6:30 to snuggle or should I say wiggle around next to me trying to find a comfortable way to act like she loves me.  (She struggles w/attachment issues, it's ok, I know she loves me but she has a hard time expressing that.  She wants to be physically close and touch and love on me, but she kind of hates it at the same time.  It's hard to explain.  So far I have learned not to make too much of a big deal out of it or it gets worse.)  This morning I encouraged her to roll over and let me toss an arm over her.  Content w/that she settled in for a few minutes.  My sweet boy returned and my sweet girl was quick to join him in some sort of hi jinx anywhere-but-our-room.  I slipped in and out of sleep for a while, finding myself alone in the bed around 8:30am.  Got out of bed, ate breakfast...we played on the rented Wii for a while.  Some had fun, some felt stressed by their limited abilities and some did not want to stop.  We piled into Champ (the new -but not newest addition- to our family) and made a BigBoxStore run.  We were just there, literally, yesterday.  We were also just there Dec 23.  Too many times during too crazy of times to be in that place if you ask me!  Today the place felt empty of stuff, but not really empty of people.  Came home, ate late lunch of leftovers and Daddy started building w/the kids.  Overall, it's been a pretty sweet beginning to the year! There are plenty of housekeeping types of things that we should have been doing, but honestly?  I would much rather enjoy time w/the people in my life than the dirt in it.  The dirt will still be there tomorrow.  The people all go back to school/work.  This winter break has been special - for various reasons, of course, but I think the biggest one is the people around me =)

No comments: