Friday, October 16, 2009

Not my typical type of list!

I was reading a blog post about a 50 Things List. I've been writing a bucket list of sorts - more like a list of things I hope to do before I get to old to do them! I imagined this 50 Things List to be more of the same...BUT! It wasn't! The list is actually comprised of things you get rid of, as in OUT OF YOUR HOUSE, which is something I really need to do. I took this as a challenge! Kate, who wrote the blog post, said she didn't know where she first heard the idea from, but it seems there is a book by about the concept. At any rate, consider this to be my first post about things I am getting out of the house. Here is a quick summary: Get rid of stuff. It could be things that either have some value to someone else, or things that are simply taking up space because you haven't gone through them yet . It doesn't matter whether you donate it, sell it, give it to a friend, freecycle or craigslist it, repurpose it, or recycle it. Get rid of stuff! I like it...if you know me, you know how badly I/we need to do this. The other side of this that was not mentioned was that if we get 50 things out of here, we really need to be careful not to bring any other useless things in. Feel free to hold me accountable to that! So give me the weekend and I will get cracking on the list!

No comments: