Friday, January 15, 2010

What a start to the new year...

So I find myself at the children's hospital w/some extra time...

This year has gotten off to an interesting...no, sad...start. First of all, Dave's class pet died right before the end of break. Rascal the Rat was 4 years old! He was a sweet little guy who had fun in our flower beds =)

Then we found out that our neighbor's dog died. Scooter was old, really old, and not very healthy anymore, so it wasn't a surprise, but our neighbor is not young himself and Scooter was a dear companion. It's sad that we won't be seeing Scooter on our porch or rolling in our flower beds =)

Then tonight Fabi's PEG tube came out. That's not good. Not good. I was freaking a little b/c of course they never told us what to do if that happened. Nice, right? So I called, talked to the on-call GI dr. and he said we had to come all the way down here. So (unintentionally) I messed up our plans to go swimming and we are spending hours here. I am kicking myself for not being able to pay attention and prevent it from happening but that's life. The good news is that we will be going back to my parents and that means we get to sleep in a bed! Oh, I didn't tell you that story? Yeah. We took apart our bed b/c we are getting a new one. Then we took care of some friends' kids over the weekend and allowed them to use the futon. So we were on the floor and I figured, "What's one more day?" Then we worried about being able to get it up the steps, so since you can't return it after you try, we changed our order to be delivered. Which takes another 8 days before they can do that. Don't get me wrong, some sweet friends loaned us their futon mattress, but I am really excited to sleep in a bed tonight! I am exhausted and we still don't know when we're getting out of here. So yeah, things are going well, for the most part, but it's just been a little sad. There is some good news though...
A friend heard about Rascal and said that she had 2 rats, a year old, who she needed to find homes for! So tonight (before all the fuss) we welcomed Kiki and Nugget. The funniest thing was that Mo decided Kiki was his favorite and kept calling them Kiki and Coconut! We couldn't convince him to say Nugget!!! Then Fabi started in..."Kiki?! Gugget?! GeeGee?! KutKut?!" These rats are about a year old and are so friendly! Kiki likes to sit on your shoulder and they both scramble around, all busy-like...It reminded us of when Rascal was younger.
So I guess that's it! We are still here but I have run out of things to say...

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, hope all is well soon. And I had pet rats when I was younger. If my hubby would let me, we'd have some now, too!:)

Steph