Monday, November 14, 2016

One minute

One minute you are an almost 20 year old young woman, wearing wide legs jeans and a knit tank top, rocking out at a concert, a ska band on the stage, singing all the words to the song and jumping around...
...and the next you are an almost 40 year old mom, driving all over God's green Earth for her kids like some sort of taxi service, rocking out to the same ska band on the radio, singing all the words to the song and weaving all over the road!  I swear I blinked.  When I was young, I had no clue what life was going to be like for me.  I figured I would make a plan and all would go ACCORDING TO THE PLAN.
After the song ended, I had a good laugh and just thanked the Lord for the way things turned out.  I am that crazy momma who dances and sings in the car!!!  I had fun at the concert when I was 20, I'd probably have fun if I went now, too, but honestly, car karaoke is fun too!
I've been having conversations w/some of the kids about what life will be like when they get to be adults.  A big one is about how adults don't always get to do what they love for a job.  Sometimes they put their personality, hobbies or interests aside just so they can pay for a house, food and whatnot.  There are some people who get to do art as their job or something else they love, but not many...stark reality and all that, right?   I realized the irony of the conversation in the middle of a sentence and nearly choked on my words!  I am one of those people who gets to do what she loves!  Ok, well not the cooking and cleaning part...HA!  No but seriously.  "Must be nice"...Why, yes, thank you, it is.  I get to be there for my kids when they see the doctor, I get to accompany them to counseling, I get to be the one who picks them up from school, I get to be the one who is always there.  I say good morning, have a good day at school, how was school and good night.  I get to be that person for them.  I am very blessed!
In other news - I am looking forward to the holidays.  Bert and Ernie joined our family in Jan of this calendar year, so we just missed the holiday season w/them.  This year we get to do all the traditions as a family =)  I have heard of people sleeping in their living rooms by the light of the Christmas tree and I always thought that wouldn't work for us, sleep issues and all...but I'm thinking we might try it this year?  I think there are a few things we can do to help w/the 'issues' and it might be good bonding!  Of course we are looking forward to seeing family (at least the ones around here) and spending time w/friends who are family.  Last year I bought a ton of gifts online and I was AHEAD of the game!  For once in my life!!  This year - notsomuch.  Haven't even started.  I'd love to make some gifts, but we'll see how much time we have.  It's been seriously difficult lately and I'm blaming the weather.  It's so nice outside!  Who wants to be in when you could be out?  NOT ME.  I love love love (one more!) love snow, but this is ok too.  There will be plenty of days of snow (there'd better be, you hear me global climate?!) and this works for now.
Well, last post I challenged myself to write 6 times this month.  Hmmm....the month is half over and this is entry 2!!!  I'll have to up my game next time w/some photos.

No comments: