Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Urgent prayer needed

I don't know where to start - my mom is at the hospital and it appears she was hit by a car on her bike. She has a traumatic brain injury, 2 skull fractures, multiple pelvic fractures, cracked ribs...she had major brain surgery today on both sides. At best, she has a long road to recovery and at worst we could lose her. I'm sorry to be so blunt. I am still in shock I guess. But I know that many of you pray and I ask for prayer for my mom and my dad, too. My brother is taking it really hard, too. I don't know what else to say. I probably won't be around much. I will update when I can. Thank you for your prayers...they have no other evidence (besides injuries) of hit and run, but the doctors all agree that it must be. Scary. Please hug your family and tell them you love them...

3 comments:

marcy burth said...

Mel, I am so sorry - Ron and I will be praying and we have asked our small group to pray for your family also. Your mom is a great lady and I know that God has her in his hand. We love you. Marcy and Ron

Joyce said...

How terrible! I'll be praying for you!

Revka said...

Oh, my goodness! I stopped by to visit after reading your last comment at The Porch Light and had to go through the archives to find out what was going on.

I am so sorry and will be praying for you, your Mom, and your family. I'm glad she is doing better now, though.