Monday, January 3, 2011

Falling short

'Tis the season to make resolutions...set goals...reach decisions...

...and 'tis the season to fall short, too!

(If you click the link, you'll be directed to an article that says we can blame our brain!!)

Despite my distaste for making New Year's resolutions, I am still going to 'publish' some goals here.  I appreciate being able to look back at these types of blog posts to see how far I've come (or how far short I've fallen, as the case may be).  This time I will be setting goals in 3 categories, some I will post here, others will just be private.  

Physical
-DRINK MORE WATER!  5 mugs a day.  I've been working on this for 2 months and it's getting easier.  I am embarrassed to say that I am no where near the 8 glasses a day rule, but I never have been and right now this is a manageable goal.  I will bump it up to 6 soon!
-Get 8 hours of sleep each night.  
-Complete a 5K in under 30 minutes before the snow flies at the end of 2011.  (I know - not hard for most people, but I haven't really run since college.  It's been a while!  I figured I had better set the bar low.  I think I can walk a 10 minute mile, so if I poop out and walk, I may still meet my goal.)

Personal
-Have a weekly planning time.
-Go out on a date w/Dave every other week.  It won't happen unless it's in the plan!  This also means finding reliable local babysitters...which may be hard, but we need to do it!
-Two hours of scrapbooking, sewing or crafting each week.
-Go on a women's retreat before 2011 is over.  If you know me, you know I am not really into 'girlie' stuff and I don't really hang out w/women much.  I am, quite frankly, a little scared of large groups of women!  But I love the Yada Yada Prayer Group books, I want to attend a women's conference and I actually do have some good Christian women friends in my life who might go w/me!  (I think this one counts for both personal and spiritual!)

Spiritual
-Track my Bible reading.  (I'm not setting a goal or limit on this one, but I would like to be more purposeful about my reading.  If I notice I'm slacking, I need to make more time.  I spend waste plenty of time on 'bookface' or other blogs reading, I certainly can read the Bible as much!)
-Family Devotion once a week.  Hoping we can read the Bible, do an activity and talk about it as the week goes on...this one is a little vague.  I'm still working on what I would like this to be.
-Go on a missions trip???  I have been knocking this one around in my brain a lot lately!!  

Something new that I am doing this year is praying about my goals.  Why didn't I think about that before??  I am going to ask Dave to pray, and now you too!  For nothing is impossible with God!  Luke 1:37.  If you have any goals or resolutions you would like me to pray for, you can leave a comment, email me, or if you know me in real life, feel free to call or talk to me in person.  

No comments: