Sunday, January 9, 2011

Something...

Trying something new today - I found a few writing prompts that were interesting and thought I'd jump in...

  • Something you’re looking forward to this year - a trip to Texas in spring!  But also basking in the security of knowing we are officially a family of 4.  I also look forward to a summer of Rv'ing, boating and biking.
  • Something you regret not having done last year - hmmm...maybe picking up a part time job?  Biking more?  Going on more dates w/my hubby?  There's a bunch of things, mostly small things, so I guess that is a hard one.  Nothing too big stands out.
  • Something with which you struggle - time management!  (If you know me, this is not news...)
  • Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy - Daily routine?  Eating breakfast.  Weekly?  Hanging wash.  In general?  Making lists!
  • Something in life that gives you balance - the Bible.  There are days when I just feel my attitude swinging in a foul direction, but then I crack that book open and find something 'just right'.  The other day I was pretty frustrated and disappointed in someone and when I read my chapters in Isaiah, I found this verse: "Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils.  Why hold them in esteem?"  (Isaiah 2:22)
I know that each of us have a few things we regret or look forward to each year, and I'm sure if I took more time on this I'd come up w/more.  But honestly, this reflection has reminded me that I will probably same the same thing in January of 2012!  I always avoid putting something about time management in my goals since I know I've never been successful...but maybe it's time to buck up and get better at it?  (...she typed as she spent some free time on her blog...)

No comments: