Originally written on the 18th of October...finally downloaded the photos to add and publish!
1) Don't bother planting peas. Or if you do, you really need to find a stellar rabbit-proof technique.
2) Plant more kale. It rocks.
3) The cukes and melons don't stand much of a chance next to the pie pumpkins.
4) Harvest the cilantro much much much sooner. Never got to eat any this year =(
5) Don't plant carrots under the brussels sprouts. (Why does spell check put an s at the end of brussel?) They are nearly impossible to dig out!!!
6) You would never survive as a carrot farmer. They break off way too easy in the dirt and you really need to find another method of digging them up.
7) Put some old carpet, cardboard or something down between the garden boxes. The prickers were not kind to you while harvesting.
8) Don't load all the pumpkins in one laundry basket. Unless that is of course you want to find yourself dragging, pushing and pulling it down your friends' driveway while hunched over. And don't even think about trying to lift that basket, your back will not forgive you!!!
9) If you have chickens again, plant more herbs for them. Even ones you don't eat.
10) Don't lose your best, sharpest, most expensive garden shears somewhere in the tall grass next to a garden box. You will not find them again, even when said grass gets dry and blows away.
So - there you go, self. Lessons to be learned!