Monday, October 17, 2011

Which came first?

IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS???
YES!!!!!!!!  The very first egg from our chickens!!!  So exciting!!! 
Most of my readers are on Face.book with me so you probably already saw this....but it needed to be documented for posterity here =)
The egg was still warm when I picked it up!  I am pretty sure it was from Lois, whom we believe to be about a day older than Pippa.  DeeDee, if I haven't already said it here, is a rooster.  I am hoping that Pippa will lay tomorrow or soon!  Fresh eggs!!!  A friend asked who will get to eat this one and I think it will have to be me - it has a tiny peck dent in it.  It hasn't leaked but I am worried it will get weird if I don't scramble it up right now.  And yeah - I need to get more bedding in the boxes for the girls!  Poor thing had to lay her egg right on the wood.  It's getting colder out and we have a light in the coop to give them the needed hours...but it's not a warming light.  Oh I'm so excited, I don't even know what else to say!  I will post a longer one about the chickens soon.  Have an egg-cellent day!

No comments: