Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day Two

Feeling really tired so I'm keeping it short.  Today we started a new thing at lunch - a sticker chart.  One sticker for five bites of a food, one sticker for milk, one sticker for finishing a food.  She did that in both lunch and dinner and got to pick a prize from the drawer!  She was very very very happy about that!  She picked a bouncy ball - we've played w/it a lot already.  She's beginning to ask questions about when the next meal is coming up...is it hunger?  I don't know.  But she also started crying when the dr appeared to walk us down to the room for eating.  Sometimes I ask myself how she can dread something that we've only done 5 times so far?  And it's not like anything bad happens during these sessions.  I watch them all and make bets w/myself about which foods will give her the most trouble.  Her long time nemesis has been pudding and it reared it's head today.  However, she did make quick work of the jello, proving me so wrong!  I'm glad I was wrong =)  It sounds like tomorrow the therapists are coming to watch at some point.  Colleen still has a lot of trouble clearing her mouth and she still holds things for a long time before swallowing.  We have had so many tests done in the past to see if mechanically there was something preventing her from eating well, but everything came up negative.  Or positive, depending on how you look at it!  So it will be interesting to see what they say.  Right now I am watching the movie Rudy, which feels fitting.  The kid was pretty small and very determined to play on the Notre Dame football team.  I pray my sweet girl is like him, giving it everything she's got every day so she can meet her goals!

No comments: