Monday, November 12, 2007

I. M. F.

So today I have 3 things I want to write about...
First, I had a discussion with a friend about people who inspire us.
Who inspires you? Leave a comment! You don't have to say names or anything...for me, I am inspired by my friend Tracy to take better care of this planet. Jason and Linda inspire me to eat better. My best friend Dawn inspires me to make stuff. Dave's dad always inspired me to be cheap! My parents inspire me to treat people better, to be faithful to your family and give of yourself. My friend Maria inspires me to keep up my Spanish! Old photos of myself (you can use yourself!) inspire me to workout. (Who is that skinny girl??) The DeVries inspire me to adopt a bunch of kids, make them feel safe and loved. Yeah I could probably go on...
The second thing is Make It Monday - I made granola. I have been wanting to do this forever. It was easy and I'm going to make more. "YUM YUM!!" That's a direct quote from Mo.
Finally, I want to talk about fixing things. You know how sometimes you just don't think you can pay to have an important thing fixed, but you are not sure how you are going to take being inconvenienced by not having it working? And then God just takes over. He either fixes it, finds you something to replace it or takes away the inconvenience. Last year I broke our snowblower. Or at least I thought I did! It was the last big snowfall of the year, a heavy wet one. I like being outside and I like the satisfaction of knowing I can clear the driveway. (I like mowing the lawn, too, by the way, even with the push mower!) Anyway - I was 'throwing snow' and the thing made a large BANG and died. There was a puff of smoke if I remember correctly! I attempted to finish the job by hand and gave up. Well, that dumb things been sitting there for 3 seasons...now with the weather really getting cold, I kept bugging Dave to get it fixed. We really don't have the money. We have spent a lot of money on home improvements this month. And we are really trying to get rid of the debt, although we know it won't be completely, before we have foster kids. Anyway - I prayed about this...Dave looked online and learned a few things about the machine. Tonight he took it apart and found out it has NO SPARKPLUG. How it just vanished without me noticing, I don't know. So he figured he'd start with that...he brought a new one home and it worked!!! Phew - I said a quick prayer of thanks. I am reminded of how God provides...it was good because Dave learned something about the engine and the machine, and I learned to trust. God is in the details, I'm still working on that...

No comments: