Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bodacious love

I am not talking about surfer dudes and dudettes falling in love.

I looked up the word unconditional today.  I liked the list of synonyms...

...all-out...categorical...clean...
...complete...definite...flat-out...
...outright...profound...pure...
...sheer...simple...thorough...
...total...absolute...unqualified...

...and...

...bodacious.

As a foster parent, our unconditional love for the kids is constantly being tested.  There are times when I know I should unconditionally love on them, but I don't want to.  I ask, "God, really?  This too?  I don't think I can do it..."  But then even as I'm talking to Him, I'm reminded of the unconditional love He gives me.  When I fail as a parent, when I fail as a wife, when I fail as a Christian, God loves me unconditionally.

But today I just didn't like that word.  So I went in search for another.

And I found BODACIOUS.

God has BODACIOUS LOVE for me!

I have BODACIOUS LOVE for my kids!

I'm praying that you, too, feel BODACIOUS LOVE from someone in your life.  Most importantly, I pray you feel the BODACIOUS LOVE of GOD!

No comments: