Monday, July 28, 2008

That's just how we roll!

On Sunday morning, Dave had to go to church early to practice w/the worship team. I was actually excited b/c it meant Mo and I could walk to church =) Not to sound mean, but since Dave broke his leg, we've been driving everywhere! I miss biking and walking! Anyway - we were all set to take the stroller when I realized that I had said I would bring our pop-up tent for the church picnic. Yeah, it's not small. So I asked Mo if he would ride his bike, thinking I could put the tent in the wagon. I could do that, right? No sweat. Well I figured Mo would poop out at some point but I also figured I would deal w/that when I got to that point! It's .9 miles to church, which of course I didn't tell Mo. So off we went, and he honestly got a little over half way. So there I stood, tent, wagon, kid, bike...and .3 miles to go. Finally I got the idea to put the front wheel of the bike in the back of the wagon, you know like people do w/their cars on the back of their RVs? I laughed b/c I almost didn't believe it would work, but it did!! We got the tent there on time and we got to church w/2 mins to spare =) I was a sweat ball, but hey! By the time we got to the picnic, everyone else was sweaty too! We had a lot of fun and I was pretty proud of myself for figuring it out!

No comments: