Now that I admitted to being a list maker, I probably will be inundating you all w/some lists! One of the things I really want to do in the New Year is to make more stuff from scratch. There are some things that we eat a lot of and I wonder if I could make a healthier alternative. Here's a list!
-English muffins (we have a bread maker - could it be that hard??)
- ice cream (check! Mo got an ice cream ball for his 3rd birthday! We love it....)
- cereal (made granola. Not as exciting as say, Kashi's blueberry oatmeal clusters...and we already eat oatmeal, eggs, pancakes...)
- Alfredo sauce (I think I found a recipe for this using powdered milk...gotta try that...)
- tortillas (I have recipes for this too, but I'm afraid they will all turn out really thick! Guess I just gotta get over that.)
- refried beans (I know, it's easy. I saw a recipe w/lard *shudder* and I refuse to do that. So I'll try it w/o that...)
- peanut butter and honey (not exactly something we can make at home, but the boys eat a ton of it!!)
- eggs (ok, yeah, maybe someday we'll have chickens...???)
Hmmm....there's probably more. We already make a bunch of stuff from scratch, like sloppy joe/taco seasoning, pizza crust, sauce,laundry soap, dishwasher soap, etc but there's just some things I haven't been brave enough to try yet. If you have any ideas or recipes, please let me know! What do you make from scratch? I'm interested if there's other stuff I haven't thought of yet...