Friday, January 23, 2009

What a long strange trip it's been

"You're sick of hangin' around and you'd like to travel;
Get tired of travelin' and you want to settle down.
I guess they cant revoke your soul for tryin',
Get out of the door and light out and look all around."

Ok I know that song is about drugs or whatever but sometimes the lyrics stick. We have been w/o internet for a while now and it's back! I have all these posts I have written in my head...I guess I could have written them on Word or whatever and then just posted them, but I didn't. So! Hopefully I can crank out a few in the next few days. The biggest thing going on around here is COLD winter fun! We've had some bitter (regular temps 10 below zero!!) cold days and it's been mildly cold the past few. It sounds like the bitter temps are coming back...but anyway! The past few days we have gone outside to blow bubbles, check on the concrete animals at the neighbors, and climb the 'mountains' of snow plowed up against the fence at Dave's school. Do you see this poor deer? Moses was concerned that he couldn't see...nevermind the fact that he's almost totally buried!!! I like how his tail peeks out...
The other fun thing we found was these snow boulder sculptures! There's got to be at least a dozen of them around their driveway! We all laughed at them...


Tomorrow we are going to the winter farmer's market (can't wait for those farm fresh eggs!), swimming and then to a professional soccer game! That was my Christmas present to Dave and Moses. I can't wait to see Mo's face when he sees all the kicks and stuff! I remember going w/my family and one of my brother's friend's family when I was younger. They had 5 boys and then there was my brother so I tagged along on a lot of sporting events over the years! I remember taking homemade popcorn in brown grocery bags to the soccer games and getting excited when the soccer-ball-head mascot would come around...I'm sort of excited to go w/my kid now...I know he's a little young yet but if you know him, you know he loves to cheer! Any time we watch football of any kind he comes running from the other room yelling, "Yeah!!! Go PACKERS!!! Good job guys! Nice tackle!!!" It doesn't matter who is playing or if they even actually are tackling! We laugh...but he really does like to cheer =) The only negative thing he says he learned from me - "Cut your hair!" I can't stand seeing those guys w/these long locks hanging out of their helmets - either they really want to conceal their name and number or they must have stock in hair care products! Well, now I've rambled...ah it's good to be back! I promise a more serious post w/details before the weekend is over! Hope all is well in everyone else's corner...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Welcome back! I've missed your interesting, newsy writing. Thanks for sharing again. Love ya lots, Mom