Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Who's the winner?

Dave had practice during/after dinner tonight, so Moses, Fabi and I decided we were going to play a game before bed.  I was trying to think of a game that we could play and actually include Fabi.  Most of the ones I thought of were over her head or not here.  So...I was like, "I know!  Let's play WAR!"  I doubted she could keep up but hey, she can flip cards right?  Um, yeah.  She was so eager to flip cards!!  Note to self - when playing w/a toddler who doesn't even understand the game, be sure she doesn't have all 4 Aces!!  Every time we flipped our cards, I asked Mo who was the winner.  Every time Fabi's hand went up.  She didn't shout or yell, she didn't make a big fuss, just smiled and raised her hand!  A perfect picture of confidence =)  Mo and I were having a hard time winning and there were even times that I was down to ONE CARD.  Finally I called the game and we compared stacks to see who was the winner.  Yep, Fabi.  No contest.  I started thinking about all the times in life where I hear that voice asking, "Who's the winner?" and I don't raise my hand.  I'm not sure I have the confidence that my 3yo does!!  But there are a lot of things in life that I really am good at.  (Grammar is not always one of them - ending a sentence w/a preposition is just wrong!)  I think I am good at spelling, writing, talking (or at least my family thinks so!), coming up w/ideas or solutions, hanging wash, speed-reading, and cultivating tulips.  How many other things am I good at that don't even come to mind?  I am not asking to garner an answer - that was a rhetorical question.  But there's probably a bunch of things I do WELL that I don't even have the confidence to notice.

Who's the winner?

*silently raising my own hand*

No comments: