Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In other news - firsts!

Tomorrow I am going to the children's hospital to meet w/a feeding team. Since Fabi has an Ng tube in her nose and refuses to feed herself, she is scheduled to meet w/a GI dr, a behavioral therapist, a pediatrician, etc....for hours. They say 2, but people who have been to them say longer! Needless to say, this is a first for me. I am not looking forward to it. I am, but I'm not. I want to learn more about what's going on w/our girl and how we can help to get her back on track, but I really don't want to sit through hours of them analyzing her and trying to make her eat. Would you please pray for us? I know we're both going to be exhausted afterwards!! I am really grateful that my MIL is willing to come down w/Moses and take him to the zoo while Fabi and I are at the appointment. Things like this make me feel so grown up...! It's not like that movie - Adventures in Babysitting. Did you ever see that movie?? All I can remember right now is when the kids take the dishes up on the roof and use the plates for trap shooting...then the one guy goes, "Dishes are done, dude!" Or something like that! Well, I now that what Fabi and will be going through will be nothing compared to some people. A friend's mom is having brain surgery today (I can relate all too well) and one of my parents' friends is beginning a new treatment for cancer today. There are worse things we could be going through. My grandpa always comments, "You think you got it bad, 'til ya look at the next guy. He could be in worse shape den (than) you." (Do I have that right, Mom?) I will write an update, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. I am looking forward to getting some concrete goals and steps to achieve them. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: