Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And then one day I was on the run...

It was the first day of school for Leah, but the preschoolers don't start until the 7th, so that meant I had baby Ray, Fabi and Moses all to myself! We were running all day! The baby was asleep when Leah left and we were all getting ready. About a half hour before we were supposed to go to Moses and Fabi's school to meet their teachers, Ray woke up and we all loaded into the car. Met the teachers, visited Ray's teachers from last year...went home for lunch, left and met w/Dave to look at new strollers. (Side note - why are solo strollers w/no car seat so stinking expensive??) Came home and the baby was already asleep so put him and Fabi down for a nap. Cleaned the kitchen (!!!), picked up the living room and put away some things we had picked up. Leah came home, went to her job interview (PRAISE GOD SHE GOT THE JOB!!!), Dave came home, we made dinner w/3 kids underfoot and then we all went to church for a special Weds night service. They prayed over all the kids going to school this year =)

In case you were wondering, you don't need to buy special shoes for this kind of running!!

I am not the only mom running today, I know a lot of moms were running - to their first day as a teacher, to their job, to the store, to the hospital to be w/a family member, to school, to do errands, to be w/a friend, etc...so this is not like I'm trying to win an award for working harder than anyone else, but I just mean to explain how I/we are starting a new school year, a new chapter...next week the preschoolers will go off to school and I will be learning a whole new routine! It's pretty amazing how a day like today makes me feel tired but then God knows exactly what I need and then refreshes me at church tonight =) I am so grateful for days like today...

No comments: