Saturday, November 3, 2012

Blood is thicker than...

DAY 3
Today I am thankful for family.  Family that comes together to celebrate and mourn, family that prays for each other across the miles, family that holds you when need it, family that counsels and guides you, family that babysits your kids, family that shaped you/me into who we are.  I don't know what I would do w/o being close to my family, both physically and spiritually.  Today we were able to go 'home' to be w/my mom's side of the family.  There was an auction of some of my uncle's possessions - he was a handy guy and he loved horses, which meant lots of big ticket items.  My family had never really experienced something like this before, although my uncle used to go to a lot of auctions!  I think it's safe to say he may have even purchased some of the tools and such at an auction!  It was an interesting sight...I think for me it was bittersweet, I won't even speak for my cousins.  My uncle is gone and soon, his stuff will be too.  That's happening a lot more as I get older...like sometimes I miss going to Grandpa's house, but other times I think, "Why go, if he isn't even there?"  And then I remember that all this is just stuff.  The best parts I want to remember are the relationship and the impact it had on me.  So yeah.  Today I am thankful for family.  =)  

No comments: