Thursday, November 15, 2012

Location, location, location

DAY 12
(I'm falling behind - in order to catch up, I'll include 2 here!)
I am thankful for our pediatrician!  I remember when Moses and I were in the hospital and we saw a fair # of them.  It wasn't that I didn't like the others (there was a really neat guy w/a thick German accent, that would have been cool), I just feel like she is someone I would be friends w/anyway, so seeing her and talking to her about my kids feels natural.  I am grateful to her for helping us so many many times when Colleen first came to us - there were so many medical things we needed to figure out!  The first doctor we picked moved away before Moses was a year old, I think...she was awesome too and we were sad to see her go.  But I am thankful to feel just as comfortable w/this doctor!

DAY 13
I am thankful for books.  Have I said that one already?  I haven't been able to read as much for entertainment lately...but I noticed there is a new Charles Martin book out.  I'll need to restock the tissue supply before I pick it up, but hopefully soon!  Some other books that I am thankful for would be When Love is Not Enough, The Connected Child, and pretty much every book I read about pregnancy and basic baby care.  That stuff can be scary and if you're like me, you need to read about it in a book to feel really ready!  We also have leaned on the Healthy Sleep Habits book too.  In this house, the Bible and various Bible story books get read a lot too.  Over the past year, some books that really impacted me were Kisses From Katie, The Mission of Motherhood and 7.  Some books I would like to get my hands on would be Get Wisdom, Long Story Short, Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, Learn Your Letters - Learn to Serve.  If you want to know more about any of the books I talk about here, just ask!  Or I suppose you could look them up on your own...=)

No comments: