Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blah....

DAY 17
(Sitting on the couch, watching the Packers...I'm sick!  And so are some of the kids!  I really don't feel very thankful...but I don't want to slack...so...here goes...)

I am thankful for the Hello Mornings Challenge and the ladies with whom I have shared different seasons of the challenge.  I think I have mentioned it here before, but if you haven't checked it out already, you really should.  I know not everyone can get up early, but you could do it at any time of the day, really...this past season was the first time I participated in the Bible study they offered.  I am really glad I did!  I got so much more out of it and I think I will do that every time from now on.  It helped me stay disciplined too.  I was chicken  - thought I couldn't keep up before so I always read whatever was on my mind.  For years I have wanted to be a part of a women's Bible study but I just couldn't seem to fit it into my schedule.  I have only met one of the ladies in my group since we do things online and they are from all over, but I am so grateful I can participate in my jammies and not have to leave the house that early in the morning!  

DAY 18
(This cursor has been flashing at me for a while...)

I am thankful for my cousins.  I am fairly close w/some of my cousins and it always seems weird to me when people my age say they don't even know who their cousins are!  I have been so blessed to see my cousins a lot growing up.  I suppose this post should extend to my aunts and uncles too, b/c they helped make it possible for all of us cousins to see each other often.  It is truly a beautiful thing when a family like mine has invested the time and energy to build and maintain relationships between the different branches and generations of the family.  Now that we're older and a little bit more spread out, I enjoy calling, skyping and yes even facebooking my cousins!  I love you cousins!  Here's to many more years of sharing our lives w/each other in healthy relationships!

No comments: