Friday, May 2, 2008

No more sandwich bags?

So we are almost out and I have been thinking of how to replace them. I don't want to buy more. We have talked about using wax paper or saving liners from cereal boxes, but that just doesn't seem like they'd be good for multiple uses. Besides, that would mean buying wax paper. So I found these things - Wrap N Mats! (I am not being paid by them to advertise and don't worry, that's not my style.) Anyway - I just stumbled onto this, so I haven't decided if I'm getting any, but I thought I'd pass it on...

4 comments:

( jason ) said...

We once had some sandwich sized Tupperware, for like two months until it disappeared. It was a 10 cent garage sale item, so no real harm done.

How about a kitchen hand towel? One towel a day wouldn't add much to your laundry. And I'm not even convinced you'd need to wash it every time (we're so... cleanly... in our society). We use them in our kitchen for lots of things we used to use paper towels for, like draining tofu.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool solution, except for the ones that use PVC. Stay away from those as the chemicals that leech into your food from the plastic are poisonous. The PEVA lined wraps are a must better choice.

http://www.besafenet.com/pvc/target_factsheet.htm

Tracy said...

I have one of those and I love it!

Also, I saw some on etsy.com and they don't use plastic at all. They are a little more expensive, but I'm sure you could make one.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5491749

Or use a towel or cloth napkin - good idea Jason. I will have to do that next time I need 2 sandwiches.

DramaMama said...

OOooohhh - that etsy crafter loves purple as much as I do!! I so want to make those! Our kitchen towels are so beat up but it might work to use some of the flour sack ones I have left over from Christmas gifts. You both have great ideas! This is why I love talking/blogging about stuff like this!