Thursday, May 29, 2008

WOW and we're out

A teenager won a science fair by discovering a bacteria that eats plastic - at least that's my summary of the article. Go check it out! The kid sounds really smart for more reasons than one. For those of you that know me, you know I was really great at science. Of the 2 courses I almost failed in college, Bio was one of them. But hey, I'm glad smart young people are working on solving the problems that us not so smart, not so young people have been contributing to for a while.
On another note, we have all been getting over colds and we are almost out of tissues. We have 5 hankies (we can only find 4 though) and have been using them pretty regularly. They're not that soft. Actually I should say that 3 are bandanas, so that's probably why. I am thinking of buying some new ones b/c I only found 1 at a thrift store - it was really clean! It seems I won't find many more any time soon...Last time Moses had a cold I tried to get him to use one but he refused. This time he didn't bat an eye. I guess it helped that we all use them! So that's a new change. Promise you won't be too grossed out if you see us w/a hanky!
**EDIT - I just realized that I wrote "you know I was really great at science" and then proceeded to talk about almost failing Bio! So in case you didn't figure it out, it should say "you know I was NOT really great at science"!

No comments: