Thursday, November 17, 2011

Heart, soul, mind and strength

November 17
Today I am thankful for this body God gave me.  Many times I complain about it - it's too mis-shapen, it's too weak, it's doesn't look like what our culture defines as beautiful - but truly, I am able to do so many things w/the body I have!  I have not lost hair, or at least not that anyone would notice!  I do not need corrective braces to walk, I do not need a wheel chair nor do I need assistance to feed and dress myself.  I am also thankful for my mind, my mental health and stability.  Yep, I have ca-raz-ay days like everyone one else, but I don't have an unnatural fear of the what ifs or an unnerving sense of suspicion all the time.  Anxiety is present in my life but I think I have come a long way in taking care of myself (and allowing myself to be taken care of) so it doesn't get the better of me.  I am thankful for these things and I pray for those that are not able to say the same.  

No comments: