Tuesday, November 29, 2011

ThankFULL

November 29
Well, it's been a few days...but you've been too busy to notice, right?!  Me too.  Today I am thankful for gifts.  I don't mean physical objects, but I mean gifts given to us by God.  Mostly I am referring to the ones listed in Romans 12:6-8.  From Biblegateway.com...

Romans 12:6-8

New International Version (NIV)
6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

There are so many people in my life who have these gifts and share them w/me and my family!  Just the other night I had an inspiring conversation w/a friend who has the gift of prophesy.  I am constantly encouraged by my friends and family.  I find that being involved in foster care and adoption, it is easy to see the mercy shown by others to many. Other people I know are amazing givers while still others are humble servants.  I am so thankful to be around people who use their gifts in my life, my kids' lives or in the body in general.  

No comments: