Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm going to make you wait another day!

I'm still learning how to use my camera, so no pic of the tree yet! But I do have some of my favorite ornaments! But first, let me tell you that we celebrated in an extra special way today...Dave's Mom/Nana came over today! And she brought presents! Lucky Moses got to open one before his nap. We even had dinner together at a Chinese buffet - Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra, anyone? I am most definitely enjoying this month of celebration! I can't wait to see what next week brings =)
On to the ornaments...This one is a picture from the first Christmas card after we bought the house. We dressed in holiday colors WISCONSIN STYLE! Moses tells me this is his favorite ornament!


The next one is a corn husk angel. I have no idea where I got her, but she is so delicate...I usually hang her towards the top of the tree, under the cross.

Again, I don't remember where I got this angel, but I love the colors and the mini nativity scene that is carved into the front. As I said before, I'm still figuring out the settings on the camera
and I think this one is a little too blurry, but you get the idea.


This ornament is from my mom. It says, "A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be your friend." I don't think I need to explain why this one is very special! I love you Mom!



This little house is from Sam and Maria - Maria said all the houses in Venezuela are painted in bright colors. This ornament is special to us b/c their family is...FAMILY. We are so blessed to have them in our lives!



Isn't this one cute? I know it's hard to see, but that's a picture of Dave and his siblings from when he was 8 or so...? There may be a date on it,
but I'm too comfortable to get up and check! Moses likes this one too b/c it has his uncles and auntie on it!










This next one is from one of our trips - I thought it was from when we went to Washington state, but Dave thought it was from the Washington Island (WI) ferry! So now we are thinking of looking it up...but either way, it was a trip and a boat ride and it just reminds me of all the adventures we go on!

The next one is an outhouse - yep, it's blurry but you are seeing correctly! The sign says 'buffalo chips'! I got this one in Montana. We were on the VW Van trip - we were on the road for 3 weeks or so and covered a lot of the western states! When we were in Yellowstone, we came across a random parking lot that had been overtaken by some bison - we drove the van in and got pretty close. One kept snorting at us and I was a little scared he wanted to ram the van! But we laughed a lot b/c they mostly belched
really loud, snorted and just stared at us. When we left, they didn't want to move so we had to maneuver around them a little...that was the trip I think I remember the most. So many states - so many parks - so many laughs!!!

This last one is also from a trip...to Florida! Some good friends (Hi Stephanie and John!) lived down there for a while and were so sweet to host us even when they were living in a motorhome! We drove all the way down to the Keys for a night of camping...I will never forget that trip either! Definitely a lot of good laughs and beautiful scenes.
Well, that's about it...there are so many more that I could talk about! Do you have any favorite ornaments?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi--I enjoyed this note! About the "Ferry" ornament. It's from the State of Washington---on its side is written "Washington State Ferry" :-)

It was fun to have an early Christmas with all of you. I'll try to send you some pics.

Lots of love,
Mom/Nana