Friday, November 14, 2008

30 days of thankfulness - day 13

I am thankful for the comfort of God's word. Lately I have been feeling a little pouty and left out. I feel like everyone else is having a baby, getting a new house, starting (and completing!) a project they always wanted to do...and I feel like I'm just not being heard or something. I don't know how to explain it, it's a mood. I will snap out of it soon, I know...I am really excited for my friend Wendy, who FINALLY had her baby girl! She is named River Ruth, and I think the name is pretty. May it always remind us of the water of life, offered to us by Jesus Himself...anyway, I'm getting off topic here. You can tell I'm behind in writing these and now I am not sounding very polished and put together right? Well, my point today is that I often find comfort in God's word. When Dave and I started dating, I used to get these panic attack type things and he would recite Psalm 23 for me. Later, when I'd get all anxious and fret about stuff out of my control, he'd remind me to read God's word. I can't tell you how many times my sullen expression would change b/c I'd crack open the Bible and find a verse that seemed to jump out at me!! My other favorite thing about God's word is that so many times in the Bible, things from the OT and the NT line up and almost validate themselves, if you will. That's cool...well, I'm not a pastor or anything, but I find that reading God's word reminds me that He is all the comfort I need. He will never leave me or forsake me...I am thankful for the comfort of God's word.

No comments: