Friday, November 14, 2008

30 days of thankfulness - day 14

I am thankful for my best friend Dawn! It's her birthday today, so happy birthday girl! I don't know if you all know this but she is pretty much the reason I got saved. Well, her and God of course, but...you know what I mean! There are a few things you should know about my girl Dawn:
1) She is an expert seamstress! She made the dress I wore when I stood up for Dave's sister's wedding. She always makes matching dresses for her and her daughter Eden and they looked like they stepped out of a catalog!
2) Her wedding was one week before mine. Yeah when we lived together it was like wedding central - there was lots of talk about all that...Dawn and her new hubby came back from their honeymoon early so she could be my matron of honor. That was an incredible gift to me! I was so happy to share that day w/her!
3) Dawn and I moved into our apartment between sophomore and junior year of college during the summer. EARLY! We didn't have a TV at first - we used to just sit and watch the fish tank!! We slept in until lunch, got dressed around 2, got sick of watching the fish by 4, talked about dinner and got back into our pjs around 6! LOL! I am laughing so hard typing this b/c we used to just lay around - no one was on campus yet and we didn't have a car and we were so bored! But we laughed all the time!! I don't remember what about, but it was nuts. We were so crazy...
4) Dawn was the first Christian I knew really up close and personal. She used to lay in the bottom bunk and read me stuff from the Bible that I never knew was there. One time she told me the story of this couple that lied and God just struck them down dead. I couldn't get over that - I think I even asked her, "It really says that? Dead?" I remember that Dawn listened to VCY radio a lot and I thought it was such stuffy old people music, but the first time I heard the song "Because He Lives" I cried. That song says a lot of what I was feeling during those times. After that I didn't mind VCY so much.
5) We've known each other since the summer before high school. For those of you doing the math, that's like 17 yrs!! We have been comfortable w/each other for a very long time. So comfortable that...we always talk about GI stuff (not the Army kind of GI either!). That's all I'm going to say about that, but Dawn, you are the best and I love you!
I am thankful for my best friend Dawn.
(ps - photo coming soon - like as soon as I get it in the scanner...)

No comments: