Sunday, November 2, 2008

30 days of thankfulness - Day 1

(I know I'm a wee bit late to jump into this challenge, but Joyce at Tall Grass Worship is doing this challenge and I had to join. I have so many things to be thankful for...so let's pretend this is Nov 1 today and then I'll go write the Nov 2 post ok?)

I am thankful for physical ability. I'm not a talented athlete but there are a lot of things I can do (don't laugh!). Today I biked to church. It was hard and I complain a lot but the truth is I have no physical handicap or limitation. I can get on my bike and ride anytime. I can walk home from a hair appt (something else I did today), I can use the push mower on the lawn, or I can run after my boys. I do not struggle w/things like diabetes or sickness, much less something like ALS or CP. Many times I pray for people who are suffering, but rarely do I say a prayer of thanks for my own health. I'm not trying to sound modest or whatever, I just mean that I don't think of these things! I take for granted the way my body works. I have aches and pains and I keep asking DW when I got old, but seriously, I am capable of doing a lot of physical activity. So today, I am thankful for physical ability.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I'll have to admit, the aches and pains are becoming more frequent. You're right to appreciate being able-bodied.