Friday, November 7, 2008

30 days of thankfulness - Day 6

I am thankful for Ayden. Our foster son will most likely go back to his Mom, sooner rather than later, which is good. But I am thankful he has been w/us for so many reasons! I feel like having a foster child is a sign that God is answering our prayer, He hasn't forgotten about us, we can be good parents etc...I am thankful I had the chance to see my son Moses help care for another child like his brother. I learned a lot about Mo over the past 3 weeks and I think he has learned a lot about our unconditional love as a family too! He 'gets it' that we aren't replacing him or giving more love to someone else...I am thankful for the practice! Having a little one in the house again is an amazing reminder of Matthew 18:3-5. We are so blessed to be a part of something bigger...

1 comment:

Green Bean said...

Beautiful. I love reading about your experience as a foster parent. There are so many children who need so much.